Date: Thursday 20th July 2017
Location: Lecture Theatre, Room MSG21, Ground Floor, Mary Seacole Building, Frederick Road, University of Salford, M6 6PU
Registration from: 1745
Lecture starts: 1800
Networking from: 2000
• Dr Steve Iley, Medical Director, Bupa UK Insurance: Chair for the Bupa UK Lecture; Welcome and introduction.
• Jon Edmondson, Musculoskeletal Clinical Lead, Bupa UK: Introduction to Exercise as Medicine.
• Dr John Rogers, Consultant Physician: Sports and Exercise Medicine & Medical Officer at British Triathlon Federation: The issues with overtraining.
• Dr Stephen Pearson, Senior Lecturer in Human & Applied Physiology, Salford University: Age related muscle loss: the importance of strength training.
• Dr Laurence Heslop, Musculoskeletal Lead Physician, Bupa UK: Diet and Exercise: exposing the truth behind the headlines.
• Q&A panel session.
The lecture series focuses on topical issues affecting healthcare with the aim to stimulate thinking and discussion. There will be a chance to ask the panel questions at the end of the session. This event is open to all and will be an opportunity to network with healthcare professionals, policy makers and practitioners.
To confirm your attendance please click on the below link:
Confirm your attendance here
There are limited places available and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Information on travelling to the lecture can be found here.
There is a car park at Mary Seacole Building, which can be accessed by the main A6 road. There are pay and display machines in the car park or the ‘pay by phone’ app can be downloaded in advance here. Charges are as follows:
Up to 90 minutes: £1.20
Up to 3 hours: £2.40
All day: £4.00
*Please note: car parks are patrolled*